BARCELONA 6 - CELTA 1
Neymar on Messi's passed penalty: "It was for me"
The Brazilian striker spoke after Barcelona's 6-1 win over Celta, that saw a Cruyff style penalty from Messi, knocking the ball sideways for Suárez to scoreMonaco-PSG live online
During Barcelona's 6-1 rout of Celta tonight, Messi and Co. scored a penalty that will be talk of the town for weeks to come, with Messi knocking the ball sideways, and Suárez running in to finish.
Neymar spoke after the game and confessed they'd been talking talked about the possibility of a passed penalty this week, Cruyff style. They hadn't told the rest of the dressing room or the coach however.
Neymar said that they’d been practicing the move, and that while it was Suárez who ended up knocking Messi’s passed spot-kick home, in reality it wasn’t for the Uruguayan but for him.
The number 11 didn’t appear too bothered by having his goal nicked off him, saying Barça “played entertaining football that gives people enjoyment”.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Juventus still keen on breakaway league as AC Milan withdraw
- BARCELONA Aguero places Messi clause on Barcelona move
- European Super League Atletico squad release European Super League statement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The dramatic rise and swift fall of Europe's Super League
- Murder of George Floyd What did Biden say about Chauvin's guilty verdict for murder of George Floyd
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: will it be approved and sent in May?