Incredible video of Arsenal's invite from the MLS All Stars
The league has announced that the European giants from North London will make their first trip to California to play the best of the MLS on July 28 in the Avaya Stadium, San José.
English Premier League title contenders Arsenal will face the Major League Soccer All-Stars on July 28 at San Jose, California, the North American league announced Thursday. It will mark the 13th time an international club side has faced top talent from MLS, with the All-Stars having won eight of the previous 12 encounters.
"We are pleased to welcome Arsenal, one of the most successful clubs in the world, to compete against the best of MLS," MLS commissioner Don Garber said.
Manchester United beat the MLS squad in 2010 and 2011 and Roma downed it in 2013 while the North American side drew with Everton in 2009 and has downed Chelsea, Fulham, Celtic, Bayern Munich and last year beat Tottenham Hotspur 2-1.
Arsenal will also play Mexican side Chivas of Guadalajara on July 31 in Los Angeles as part of their California tour.
"Pre-season is a critically important time for us and we are delighted to be coming to San Jose and Los Angeles," Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said.
"We have tremendous support across America and enjoyed our visit to New York in the summer of 2014 when we played the New York Red Bulls. We are all looking forward to this summer's trip as we prepare for our 2016-2017 season."
Te recomendamos en English
- MANCHESTER CITY City to use Wanda Metropolitano ahead of Madrid UCL clash
- Laliga Atlético recover third place as Joao Felix finds the net
- Ajax Ajax sign Ziyech replacement Antony in €21.75m deal
- Premier League Solskjaer hails Fernandes effect after Man Utd win over Watford
- champions league Felix Brych to oversee Napoli-FC Barcelona UCL clash
- Ligue 1 Paris Saint-Germain vs. Girondins de Bordeaux: Ligue 1 live