Wales says Gareth Bale still out for three weeks minimum
Wales assistant coach Roberts said they were following the players rehabilitation period, "we want him fit. The player may not be ready for the derby against Atlético.
The alarm bells over Gareth Bale are ringing out around the Welsh valleys. With a friendly to be played against Northern Ireland on 24 March in Cardiff, assistant Wales coach, Osian Roberts, told the BBC that there is concern over the player’s constant calf injuries: “Hopefully he’ll be fit. But the most important thing is the injury clears up because it can re-occur. Time will tell over the next two or three weeks how that develops as Gareth steps up his rehab, and we'll take it from there," added Roberts.
"He's got some key games coming up for Real Madrid and it's important for us that he's fully fit for such an important tournament in the summer”. Wale are in the European Championships this summer in France, having qualified for the first time for the competition. (They had been in one World Cup before, back in 1958)
"Both ourselves and his club will have Gareth's best interests at heart. It's important that the injury fully heals and he doesn't come back too early."
The recovery period for Bale’s current calf injury (to the soleus muscle in his right leg) which occurred on 17 January, has increased in terms of the original prognosis. He’s already missed four games in LaLiga and won’t be playing against Roma on Wednesday night. He is also now a serious doubt for the derby against Atleti on 27 February.
The Welsh speed merchant has had a constant battle since he came to Madrid to stay fit - this is his sixth calf injury (including both legs) since he came to Spain.
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?