Bruce Springsteen puts a halt to any chances of a Bernabéu final
Real Madrid brilliantly disguise their aversion to hosting the Copa del Rey final by announcing Bruce Springsteen will play part of his 'The River Tour' in the Bernabéu on 21 May.
The Bernabéu has been ruled out as the venue for May’s Copa del Rey final. The reason has nothing to do with Sevilla or Barcelona giving up on the idea playing the title-decider in Real Madrid’s ground, but instead boils down to the dates of Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The River Tour’, which were announced today. The American rock star is scheduled to play in the Los Blanco stadium on 21 May, the same day as the final (that would move to 22 should Sevilla reach the Europa League final).
The news comes as a bit of a blow to the many Barcelona and Sevilla supporters who also idolise the New Jersey singer-songwriter, but for the Madrid faithful it will serve as a pleasant distraction from an otherwise painful night of football.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF Tiger Woods congratulates history-making Matsuyama
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood and Rashford need another year of Cavani at Man Utd - Neville
- QATAR 2022 Lusail will be the last World Cup stadium to be inaugurated
- REAL MADRID Zidane won't risk Hazard for Real Madrid clash with Liverpool
- BAYERN MUNICH Lewandowski back running as Muller targets Bayern victory over PSG
- QATAR International Table Tennis Federation awards Aspetar