Bruce Springsteen puts a halt to any chances of a Bernabéu final
Real Madrid brilliantly disguise their aversion to hosting the Copa del Rey final by announcing Bruce Springsteen will play part of his 'The River Tour' in the Bernabéu on 21 May.
The Bernabéu has been ruled out as the venue for May’s Copa del Rey final. The reason has nothing to do with Sevilla or Barcelona giving up on the idea playing the title-decider in Real Madrid’s ground, but instead boils down to the dates of Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The River Tour’, which were announced today. The American rock star is scheduled to play in the Los Blanco stadium on 21 May, the same day as the final (that would move to 22 should Sevilla reach the Europa League final).
The news comes as a bit of a blow to the many Barcelona and Sevilla supporters who also idolise the New Jersey singer-songwriter, but for the Madrid faithful it will serve as a pleasant distraction from an otherwise painful night of football.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What will the new IRS income tax brackets be for 2021?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks IRS extends $500 stimulus check for kids deadline - when is the new date and how do you claim it?
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?
- US ELECTIONS Will Amish people vote in the 2020 USA Elections?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news