Brazilian authorities seize Neymar's jet and yacht
The Barcelona striker is under investigation for tax evasion and has already had more than 43 million euros worth of his own goods frozen.
The Brazilian courts have cornered Neymar, who now runs the risk of being without a yacht and a private jet.
After rejecting the player's appeal and maintaining the embargo estimated at over 43 million euros of assets belonging to the footballer and his family, the authorities have sent warrants to seven different municipalities and the National Civil Aviation Agency (ANAC) with a list of new assets to ensure a new freeze, reported Globoesporte.
On the list are the yacht and his private jet, valued at about 3.5 and 4 million euros, respectively.
The investigation stems from the alleged evasion of 14 million euros due to the Brazilian tax office between 2011 and 2013, while he was still a player of Santos.
It's worth noting that the value imposed is well above that of the fraud he is accused of. This is because the Brazilian justice system imposes a penalty of 150% of the value, plus interest in these matters.
Neymar bought his yacht in 2012, when he paid a cool 3.5 million euros. The boat, model Azimut 78, is 25 metres long, has three suites, a living room, kitchen, sofas comfy for eight, and soundproofing built-in. It was given the name "Nadine" in honour of the mother of the now Barcelona star.
His private jet is newer - purchased in July of last year for 4 million euros. The Embraer Phenom 100E has seating for six and bears the initials NJR (Neymar Jr) on the tail.
This current process is the basis of another, which was proposed by the Brazilian Federal Prosecutor, which was rejected in early February by the courts. The Prosecutor accuses Neymar, his father, Sandro Rosell and Josep Maria Bartomeu of tax fraud and forgery and has said that it will appeal.
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC Conor McGregor vs Poirier live online: UFC 257 from Fight Island
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check: update and rundown on Biden's $1.9 trillion relief bill
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever