Bundesliga | Chicharito
Chicharito's tweet that created a stir in German football
Javier Hernández uploaded an image on social media which showed Wagner's throw-in but claiming that it was illegal.
A tweet from Chicharito has sparked a row in Germany about the legality of Darmstadt’s first goal in their defeat to Leverkusen.
The little Mexican was absent with a thigh injury in Darmstadt, but uploaded the image which appeared to show the foot of Jungwirth, who was taking the throw, in front of the line. Wagner scored from the resultant play. Chicharito added a little note to his tweet:
The tweet of the former Real Madrid and Manchester united goal scorer ran over the network although, in the end, the controversy was minimal due to his team coming back and beating the newly promoted side by two goals to one.
So, was he right? Here’s what FIFA say on the matter in article 15 of their regulations:
Therefore Jungwirth committed no offense as he was touching the line with his left heel. Sorry Chicharito…but it’s great to see you giving the same effort from afar as you do on the pitch.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mourinho mocks Real Madrid while discussing "remarkable" Gareth Bale
- Transfer market Messi set for Barcelona stay, Juve, Man Utd eye Ajax's Gravenberch
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid to offer Vinicius and Isco for Paulo Dybala
- Champions League Tuchel: "Are Juventus first in the league? Are Madrid or Barcelona?"
- GAMING NEWS Among Us: how to download and play for free on PC, Mac, mobile
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: how many people could lose the aid if not extended?