Piqué: "I play with Spain because the national side is the ultimate and right now I'm Spanish"
"I feel I have to be there and help my teammates," revealed the Barcelona central defender in an interview for Spanish paper El Mundo, which today gave us a preview.
"I feel I should be there and help my teammates," revealed the Barcelona central defender in an interview for Spanish paper El Mundo.
"I'm very impulsive, someone who tries to break a bit from the norm" is how the El Mundo interview with Gerard Pique began. Today only an advance preview is offered via its website with the full version to be published on Sunday.
About his personality, the centre-half for Barça added: "It seems that we all have to behave in a way that society defines and that we cannot deviate from that path. Sometimes, I like to step out of line. I’m happy behaving like this."
Regarding the situation in Catalonia: "Being pro-referendum has nothing to do with being in favor of independence. So many people, in Catalonia and the rest of Spain, support having the referendum, but many are against independence. I have no problem with that. The problem is that this information is portrayed in various ways depending on the media outlet and many people believe what they say."
Commitment to the national team: "If I play for Spain it is because I really feel I should play. Firstly, because we have an awesome team and secondly, because right now I am Spanish. So, I feel I should be there and help my friends".
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Mbappé transfer: the nuclear option to force his departure from PSG
- EURO 2020 Busquets: "We'll send Van der Vaart a leg of ham as a thank you present"
- NBA Durant responds to Pippen after Bulls legend says Nets star 'doesn't have what LeBron has'
- TENNIS Defending champion Simona Halep ruled out of Wimbledon
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS $300 unemployment benefit: which states still keep payments?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Florentino explains Sergio Ramos' and Zidane's departures