ROMA 0 - REAL MADRID 2
Jesé delighted with maiden Champions League strike
The Real Madrid man also praised Zinedine Zidane: "He's giving us all confidence. You learn a lot from him both as a coach and a person."
Jesé Rodríguez was a happy man after opening his goalscoring account in the Champions League in Real Madrid's 2-0 last-16 victory at Roma on Wednesday night.
The Real academy graduate followed up a fantastic strike from Cristiano Ronaldo with Los Blancos' second as the visitors earned a commanding first-leg lead ahead of the return at the Santiago Bernabéu on 8 March.
Roma: "They were really compact at the back and they looked to put the pressure on us up top. They're a side who defend well and they're a tough team to play against."
Victory: "It was a game where we needed to be at our best and one we could take confidence from, so I'm really happy with the win."
Cristiano's goal: "It was a terrific goal; I'm sure he'll be really happy with it and I'm pleased for him, because he deserved it."
Netting a superb effort of his own: "I'm sure I'm even happier than he is; it's my first ever goal in the Champions League. Getting a game in this team is very tough; we have really good players here."
Real head coach Zinedine Zidane: "The gaffer is giving us all confidence. I've known him for two years; in my first season he helped me a lot [as assistant to then boss Carlo Ancelotti], and I'm happy to have him as my coach. You learn a lot from him both as a coach and a person."
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea vs Tottenham: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- Guardiola backs Sterling and predicts total commitment from Man City stars
- Liverpool-Atlético Klopp: Atletico defeat was good because it felt 'really bad'
- BARCELONA LA Galaxy manager responds to Lionel Messi transfer rumours
- LEGANÉS Barcelona: Braithwaite deal "fucked us" says Leganes boss
- BARCELONA Barcelona are not distracted by off-field issues, says Setién