Three Real Madrid players in UEFA's 'Team of the Week'
UEFA chose: Trapp; Rüdiger, Cahill, Varane, Marcelo; Sanches, Willian, Draxler; Kruse, Jonas and Cristiano as the outstanding performers from the Champions League midweek games.
Three Real Madrid players were chosen among UEFA's outstanding players of the round in their 'Team of the Week', the team included: Trapp; Rüdiger, Cahill, Varane, Marcelo; Sanches, Willian, Draxler; Kruse, Jonas and Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ronaldo's screamer opened up a tight match in the Stadio Olimpico in Rome with a scorching strike from outside the box, and his overall performance caused the international press to proclaim "Ronaldo is Back".
Zidane's managerial debut in the Champions League was a success, a 2-0 win away from home, and a rare moment of unity in the blanco camp. Varane and Marcelo were both excellent on the night, the Brazilian attacking with verve on the left and Varane making a number of crucial interventions - particularly against El Shaarawy as the Roma player raced through on goal.
Draxler's double for Wolfsburg earned him a place in the side and Jonas also made the XI after his 90th minute winner for Benfica against Zenit.
Te recomendamos en English
- QATAR 2022 Russian players cleared to compete at World Cup as neutral team
- Champions League Zidane omits Sergio Ramos and Kroos from Brugge squad
- Premier League Three second half goals in 9 minutes enough for Arsenal
- Club World Cup Liverpool eye CWC glory as Flamengo threaten to spoil party
- Premier League Marcelino and Emery in pole position for Premier League posts
- REAL MADRID Madrid hoping to end Lunin and Sanchez loan deals in January