De Gea joins Man United’s injury list during pre-match warm-up
The Spanish goalkeeper was unable to play tonight’s Europa League round of 32 tie because of an ankle problem. Van Gaal now has 14 players out with injury.
Louis van Gaal’s injury woes were compounded ahead of tonight’s shock 2-1 defeat to Midtylland with the news that Spanish shot-stopper David De Gea suffered enough discomfort during his warm up to require medical attention. While the status of the former Atlético Madrid keeper’s injury has not yet been confirmed, sources in England point to a problem with his ankle. Sergio Romero’s last-minute replacement for didn’t have the desired effect as the Red Devils squandered a 0-1 lead against the Danish minnows.
In the build-up to the match Van Gaal highlighted the injuries problems currently plaguing his squad: “We have 13 players out injured and, when you analyse them, they are all contact injuries, so it is all down to bad luck. I have never had that amount of players injured before. When you realise that they are only contact injuries - only Marouane Fellaini maybe has a muscle problem, the rest have contact injuries - it's unbelievable that we are very unlucky." The Dutch tactician now has 14 players on the recovery table and will have to string a makeshift starting line-up together for Monday’s FA Cup fifth round tie against Shrewsbury Town, who will be rubbing their hands together at the prospect of facing such a depleted United team.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid