BARCELONA | NEYMAR
Neymar: "It would be great to see Cristiano playing for Barcelona"
Neymar spoke with exclusively with A Bola and praised the Portugal captain: “I’m a fan, he’s an absolute star.”
Neymar has revealed that he’d like to see Cristiano Ronaldo line up alongside him for Barcelona.
In an exclusive interview with A Bola, Barça’s Brazilian forward waxed lyrical about the Real Madrid star: “I’m a fan of Cristiano, he’s an absolute star. He’s amazing.”
Neymar’s comments come as his future at Barcelona remains in question. He has well-known suitors in the Premier League, namely Pep Guardiola’s new-look Manchester City and potentially even Manchester United with Jose Mourinho at the helm. Who does he admire the most? “I admire both,” he says. “I’ve followed both of them closely for a long time now. But my coach is Luis Enrique and I play for Barcelona.”
He was also evasive when asked if the forward line he makes up along with Messi and Suarez was the best ever: “The team isn’t just the forward line; it’s one of the best teams in history. I really enjoy playing with my teammates and I’m very proud to be part of this team.”
Could Barcelona become the first team to win two Champions Leagues in a row? “It will be difficult,” he said. “There are a number of good teams just as good as us. All I can say is that we’ll do absolutely everything we can to win it again.”
He also discussed his role for the Brazilian national side, where he’s just two goals off matching the legendary Zico’s tally: “I’m not interested in records; I leave that to the journalists. I like to know about these things but I don’t give them much importance. I want to win trophies and there are still many left to win.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- USA News US Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies aged 87
- AMAZON PRIME VIDEO The Boys Season 2: how many episodes, dates of release and when is the last one?
- Arteta: Aubameyang stayed because Arsenal is an 'incredible club' as big as Barcelona & Inter
- Liverpool Thiago: “When you win, you want to win more”
- Coronavirus Flu shot: who should get it and when?