MOTOGP | AUSTRALIA TESTING
Petrucci posts Phillip Island fall that resulted in 3 broken fingers
The Italian rider has been forced to wait in Melbourne to be operated on but posted a video of his spectacular fall whilst travelling at 170km per hour.
Italian rider Danilo Petrucci is still in Melbourne waiting to be operated on after suffering fractures to three fingers in his right hand following his dramatic fall on Friday. The incident was recorded track side on a mobile phone and the Italian rider posted the video to his Twitter profile. The 25 year old was travelling at a speed of 170km per hour when he slid off the track in spectacular fashion on bend #8 at the Philip Island circuit. "Not the best place for a crash", joked the Italian on his Twitter feed.
Not the best place for crash.— Danilo Petrucci (@Petrux9) February 20, 2016
Non il miglior posto per cadere. pic.twitter.com/zdPao32is3
The operation was scheduled to take place today but was postponed as a result of heavy inflammation on the hand. It will now go ahead on Monday or Tuesday and the rider from Terni will have to remain in Australia until he receives the green light from his operating medical team.
The fall was a stroke of bad luck for the Ducati rider coming on the last day of testing. The 25 year old will now miss the Qatar GP testing in March (2-4) and the fall may even force Petrucci to miss the first race of the Moto GP season which also takes place in Qatar on March 20. His potential absence from the opening race in Qatar could open the door to Casey Stoner lining up for Ducati with Michele Pirro being another alternative in the case should Petrucci need to be substituted.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane