Totti: “I deserve more respect”
The Roma legend has a frosty relationship with his coach: "I barely speak with Spalletti anymore."
Roma star Francesco Totti has spoken out against Luciano Spalletti following his coach’s controversial interview with AS earlier this week in which he appeared to criticize the iconic striker.
“I manage Roma, not just Totti,” said Spalletti. “My objective is good results and I pick the team with that in mind, not a player’s backstory.”
Totti made clear that he was hurt by the situation. “I never said that I wanted to play,” he said. “I barely speak to Spalletti anymore. Our relationship is limited to saying hello and goodbye.
“In June I’ll assess my options because I can’t go on like this, I’m sorry. I’m having a tough time and so are the people around me. I deserve more respect for everything I’ve given the club."
Te recomendamos en English
- latest news Happy Thanksgiving 2020 messages, images and memes
- thanksgiving Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade: times, TV and how to watch online
- HOLIDAYS Thanksgiving: since when has it been celebrated? What’s its origin and meaning?
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions