Totti: “I deserve more respect”
The Roma legend has a frosty relationship with his coach: "I barely speak with Spalletti anymore."
Roma star Francesco Totti has spoken out against Luciano Spalletti following his coach’s controversial interview with AS earlier this week in which he appeared to criticize the iconic striker.
“I manage Roma, not just Totti,” said Spalletti. “My objective is good results and I pick the team with that in mind, not a player’s backstory.”
Totti made clear that he was hurt by the situation. “I never said that I wanted to play,” he said. “I barely speak to Spalletti anymore. Our relationship is limited to saying hello and goodbye.
“In June I’ll assess my options because I can’t go on like this, I’m sorry. I’m having a tough time and so are the people around me. I deserve more respect for everything I’ve given the club."
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?