GRANADA 1-2 VALENCIA
Gary Neville: "We have to maintain this momentum"
The English coach explained the confusion with Sandova: “I asked him how much time had been added and he though I was protesting about a decision”.
Three straight wins. "This is a very important victory. We need to enjoy these moments when they come about and it helps the atmosphere within the dressing room. Winning away from home in LaLiga is never easy. We need to keep this dynamic up. We've put together three straight wins and we need to keep the momentum going".
Relief? "The word is contentment. In the first half we had two decent chances to go in 0-2 at the break. Granada pushed us hard in the second period but the team never stopped believing. It's time to give nothing away and the squad is mentally stronger now after these wins".
Will this help Valencia aim to claw back up the table or will your main focus be on the Europa League? "It's a question that I've been asked in every press conference recently and the answer is always the same. The good thing is that the injured players are getting fit again. Javi Fuego is back, Abdennour will be ready on Thursday or Friday… We need to keep changing the side about".
Do you fee that your team gave Granada too much space in front of goal? "I don't like to see the other side offered chances to scorer in any game In the last 15 minutes they did have some decent chances. It was ourselves though that created the chances in the first 45 so I feel it's important to reflect on the full game and not just the final 15 minutes".
What happened with Sandoval? "I'm confused. I feel it was a total misunderstanding and was a result of the tension of the game. He though i was protesting as I didn't see who much time had been added on. I asked the fourth official and he though i was complaining about a decision. It was just a small confusion".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane