USA and Colombia to open the proceedings
The hosts and Los Cafeteros have been pitted against each other in the 'Group of Death' along with Costa Rica and Paraguay. The action gets underway on 3 June in San José.
The eagerly-anticipated draw for the 2016 Centennial Copa América was held in the early hours of this morning in New York (2am CET).
Colombia, who were included in Pot 2 along with Uruguay, Ecuador and Chile, face a tough test in Group A, which has already been dubbed the 'Group of Death'. Los Cafeteros will take on the hosts, Team USA, in the inaugural game on Friday 3 June before squaring off against Costa Rica and Paraguay.
On paper Group B looks like it should be a stroll in the park for Dunga’s Brazil. The Canarinho have been pitted against Peru, Haiti and Ecuador.
Thoughts on the draw for Copa América Centenario (updated with Klinsmann quotes) https://t.co/cj8gagwvHE— Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) February 22, 2016
Jamaica are the Group C underdogs. The Islanders have been matched with Mexico, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Chile and Argentina will face off for a replay of last year’s Copa América final in Group D. The South American next-door neighbours will be duking it out for first and second place in a group that includes unfavoured Panama and Bolivia.
2016 Centennial Copa América schedule
Te recomendamos en English
- RUSSIA Russia banned from Olympics and World Cup 2022 over doping scandal
- El CLÁSICO | BARCELONA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's headache - how to stop Messi in El Clásico... 3 possible solutions
- BARCELONA Messi impossible to replace - Barcelona president
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Casemiro must avoid getting booked against Valencia
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Barcelona, Inter set to discuss Rakitic, Vidal and Lautaro Martínez in Milan
- Barcelona 'cannot afford' to lose Vidal in January, says Blaugrana president Bartomeu