USA and Colombia to open the proceedings
The hosts and Los Cafeteros have been pitted against each other in the 'Group of Death' along with Costa Rica and Paraguay. The action gets underway on 3 June in San José.
The eagerly-anticipated draw for the 2016 Centennial Copa América was held in the early hours of this morning in New York (2am CET).
Colombia, who were included in Pot 2 along with Uruguay, Ecuador and Chile, face a tough test in Group A, which has already been dubbed the 'Group of Death'. Los Cafeteros will take on the hosts, Team USA, in the inaugural game on Friday 3 June before squaring off against Costa Rica and Paraguay.
On paper Group B looks like it should be a stroll in the park for Dunga’s Brazil. The Canarinho have been pitted against Peru, Haiti and Ecuador.
Thoughts on the draw for Copa América Centenario (updated with Klinsmann quotes) https://t.co/cj8gagwvHE— Grant Wahl (@GrantWahl) February 22, 2016
Jamaica are the Group C underdogs. The Islanders have been matched with Mexico, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Chile and Argentina will face off for a replay of last year’s Copa América final in Group D. The South American next-door neighbours will be duking it out for first and second place in a group that includes unfavoured Panama and Bolivia.
2016 Centennial Copa América schedule
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend