Joan Laporta taunts Cristiano Ronaldo over penalty miss
The ex-Barcelona president posted a meme on social media poking fun at the Real Madrid man's saved spot-kick at Málaga on Sunday.
Former Barcelona president Joan Laporta has taken to social media to mock Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, who missed a penalty in Los Blancos' costly draw with Málaga on Sunday.
Real were leading 1-0 at La Rosaleda when the Portuguese forward saw his spot-kick saved by goalkeeper Carlos Kameni. Raúl Albentosa later levelled for the Andalusians, leaving Zinedine Zidane's men nine points adrift of La Liga leaders Barça.
And following the match, Laporta published a meme featuring a picture of the Real forward, with the words: "I know why I missed that penalty, but I'm not going to tell you."
The Facebook post is a clear reference to similar comments made by Cristiano over Leo Messi and Luis Suárez's two-man effort from 12 yards against Celta Vigo earlier this month.
Speaking before Madrid's midweek Champions League win at Roma, the 31-year-old had said of the Barça pair's penalty: "I know why Leo did this, but I won’t elaborate any more."
Te recomendamos en English
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How many people are getting an unemployment tax break refund?
- 2021 TAX REFUND $10,200 unemployment tax break refund: how to know if I will get it
- ENTERTAINMENT Who was Halston and when and how did he die?
- Boxing What weight class did Floyd Mayweather fight in during his professional career?
- US NEWS Who is Elise Stefanik, Liz Cheney's replacement in Republican Party leadership?
- NBA NBA Play-In 2021: which players and coaches are in favor of the new format?