Augusto back from injury and in Atlético squad for PSV trip
The midfielder, who suffered a partial tear in the interior ligament of his left knee in January, is on Diego Simeone's 19-man list for the Champions League last-16 first leg.
Augusto Fernández has been included in the Atlético Madrid squad for their Champions League clash with PSV Eindhoven on Wednesday, three weeks after suffering a knee ligament injury in Los Rojiblancos' league defeat at Barcelona.
Having been given the all-clear by Atlético's medical staff, the former Celta Vigo midfielder is back in first-team contention well ahead of schedule, with his recovery time initially estimated at a month and half.
And the Argentinian's return to fitness was in evidence during Atleti training in Madrid on Monday, as Diego Simeone's men continued their preparations for their last-16 first leg against the Dutch champions.
Los Colchoneros will travel to the Netherlands on Tuesday morning ahead of the encounter at the Philips Stadion.
Atlético's squad to face PSV is: Oblak, Moyá; Juanfran, Gámez, Godín, Lucas, Giménez, Savic, Filipe, Gabi, Kranevitter, Augusto, Koke, Saúl, Óliver; Griezmann, Vietto, Correa and Torres.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 What is a 'contingent election' and what happens if Biden-Trump vote is tied?
- UNITED STATES USA election live online: Trump - Biden, coronavirus, stimulus checks, updates, breaking news
- US Election 2020 Electoral College map: which states have the most electors?
- USA election 2020 USA election 2020: where do I vote?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- US NEWS Will be there Black Friday in 2020 and when could it be?