Spain set to to play friendly in Getafe 12 years after last visit
The defending European champions will playa friendly at the Coliseum on 7 June before setting off for France for EURO 2016.
Spain will play a friendly at Getafe’s Coliseum Alfonso Pérez on 7 June to finalize their preparations for EURO 2016. It will be the first time in 12 years that the national team have appeared at the stadium and will be their final dress rehearsal before setting off for France to defend their European crown.
Getafe confirmed on Monday that they have reached an agreement with the Spanish Football Federation to host a friendly against an unnamed rival – the close proximity to the capital should ensure a good turnout for the game.
It will be Spain’s second appearance at the Coliseum. The first and only time the national team has played in Getafe was on 5 June 2004, part of the preparations for the Euros in Portugal. On that occasion, ‘La Roja’ beat Andorra 4-0 with Fernando Morientes, Rubén Baraja, César Martín and Juan Carlos Valerón finding the target.
Te recomendamos en English
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE The new Super League is born: all the details of the announcement
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE European Super League: 20 teams, two leagues of 10, knockout stages – the controversial competition's format
- FOOTBALL European Super League, live updates: reaction, participating clubs, UEFA statement... | Latest news
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Jose Mourinho sacked by Tottenham Hotspur
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?