Bale running on Real training pitch but unlikely to make derby
The Madrid man did work out on the Valdebebas training field for the first time since his injury relapse, but he won't return until he's at 100%.
Gareth Bale took to the Valdebebas training field on Tuesday for the first time since suffering a relapse of his soleus muscle injury recently, doing individual running at Ciudad Real Madrid.
"He'll only be back when he's at 100%," Real coach Zinedine Zidane has explained when discussing a timeframe for Bale's return.
No date has been set for the player's comeback, with the Welshman said to be currently at 50% fitness.
The 26-year-old has missed Los Blancos' last six matches, against Real Betis, Espanyol, Granada, Athletic Club, Roma and Málaga.
Bale has suffered a total of 11 injuries (six in his soleus) since his move to the Bernabéu in summer 2013, featuring in only 8,620 minutes of a total of 13,590: just 63% of Madrid's first-team action.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...