Cristiano still tops Champions League scoring chart
Leo Messi added two to his tally and Thomas Müller brought his total to five in this year’s competition in Tuesday night’s action.
Leo Messi added two to his tally and Thomas Müller brought his total to five in this year’s Champions League in Tuesday night’s action. Both players are still a long way off catching Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo who is streets ahead of the field on 12 goals – 11 in the group stage alone, a tournament record. In the return leg against Roma, Cristiano will be attempting to add to both of the Champions League records he holds – all all-time goals record (89) and the record for goals scored in one edition of the competition – 17, which he set in 2013/14.
2015/16 Champions League top scorers:
12 goals: Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
7 goals: Lewandowski (Bayern Munich)
6 goals: Dzyuba (Zenit St. Petersburg), Müller (Bayern Munich)
5 goals: Hernandez (Bayer Leverkusen), Giroud (Arsenal), Messi (Barcelona), Suarez (Barcelona), Willian (Chelsea)
4 goals: Benzema (Real Madrid), Griezmann (Atlético Madrid), Mehmedi (Bayer Leverkusen)
3 goals: Aboubakar (FC Porto), Di María (Paris SG), Doumbia (CSKA Moscow), Draxler (VfL Wolfsburg), Gaitan (Benfica), Hulk (Zenit St. Petersburg), Ibrahimovic (PSG), Milicevic (Ghent), Pardo (Olympiakos), Alexis Sánchez (Arsenal), Sterling (Manchester City), Stindl (Mönchengladbach), Teixeira (Shakhtar Donetsk)
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?