Full-house at the Bernabéu for the Madrid Derby
Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid will duel in the capital in week 26 of La Liga in front of a sold-out Santiago Bernabéu.
Real Madrid vs Atlético Madrid, los blancos vs los rojiblancos: the match that brings a city to a grinding halt is sold out. Not only are these old foes renewing a rivalry that echoes through the annals history, they are also vying for 2nd place in La Liga with Atleti one point above their royal hosts, Real Madrid in third.
They lie 8 points and 9 points respectively off the considerable pace of leaders Barcelona.
This will be the third time the Bernabéu has filled its 84,000+ seats this season. The cheap seats in the 4th tier that come with a vertigo warning went for €70 and pitchside tickets fetched the princely sum of €240, with tickets on the black market costing multiples of face value.
The first time the Bernabéu saw a full-house this season was for El Clásico on November 21, when Barcelona embarrassed Benítez' side 4-0 and the blanco support gave Andrés Iniesta a standing ovation.
That defeat caused attendances to plummet by around 20,000 spectators, and numbers only climbed back up with the appointment of Zinedine Zidane.
The Champions League encounter with Zlatan's PSG on November 3 was the other time the stadium packed to the rafters, when Nacho's goal brought victory by that most narrow of margins.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Bale becomes a big problem
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid confirm Lucas Vázquez injury
- World Cup 2022 Three years until 2022 Qatar World Cup kicks off
- EURO 2020 Euro 2020 play-offs draw: how and where to watch: times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: Manchester City vs Chelsea, game of the weekend
- REAL MADRID-REAL SOCIEDAD Odegaard: "If I score against Real Madrid, I won't celebrate"