Gasol out for the rest of NBA season, Grizzlies confirm
The Spanish two-time All-Star is the side's leading scorer this season but will miss the remainder after undergoing surgery on a fractured foot
The Memphis Grizzlies will be without leading scorer Marc Gasol for the rest of the National Basketball Association season after the Spaniard had surgery to repair a fracture in his right foot, the team said on Tuesday night.
Gasol, a two-time Olympic medallist, underwent successful surgery on Saturday to repair a fracture in his foot and is expected to make a full recovery, the Grizzlies said in a statement.
"Marc remains a cornerstone of our franchise and we are pleased to hear that the surgery went according to plan," Grizzlies General Manager Chris Wallace said. "We are confident we will have Marc back anchoring our team next season and beyond."
Gasol, a two-time NBA All-Star and former defensive player of the year, averaged 16.6 points, 7.0 rebounds, 3.8 assists and 1.35 blocks in 34.4 minutes through 52 games for a Memphis team that are fifth in the NBA's 15-team Western Conference.
He is believed to have picked up the injury in a game against Portland on February 8.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...