"Some of the things said have hurt; I'm not in charge"
The Celta forward has been irked by speculation in the press concerning his proposed move to Barça and his absence from the pitch.
Nolito has expressed his anger during a press conference over reports during the January transfer window about him possibly leaving Celta Vigo to sign for Barcelona. The Spain international was particularly upset about suggestions he had feigned a hamstring injury that has kept him sidelined for 16 games in order to facilitate his move to the club where he played between 2008 and 2011.
“People have said that I pretended to be injured to move to Barcelona. It hurts me to my heart to have to deny things like this. I am a Celta player and I belong to Celta; if anyone wants to sign me they have to talk to Celta and if the club thinks the offer is acceptable, they have to tell me and I have to decide,” Nolito said.
“Even my mother called me to ask me about it. I told her that I was focused on training and playing. If I ever leave Celta you know I’ll be the first one to say something. I’m not the one who’s in charge.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Celebrating America inauguration concert & event: schedule, artists, singers & line-up
- FORTNITE Fortnite Pelé Cup: times & how to get his emote and new soccer skins for free
- MLS USMNT Henry Wingo is transferred to Ferencvaros TC
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is an EIP card and how do I get one?
- NFL SUPER BOWL 2021 Have Packers, Bills, Chiefs & Buccaneers ever been in or won a Super Bowl?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?