Never one to miss an opportunity to rile up Los Rojiblancos, Guti took his chance to stoke the flames ahead of Saturday’s hotly-anticipated Madrid derby during a publicity event organised by bookmakers Wanabet. When asked which Atlético players he would sign for Zidane’s team, the retired midfielder retorted “that’s a tricky one, I can’t think of one who’d cut it at Real Madrid”.
He then went on to compare derby games in recent years with those when he was a player: “Back in my time going to the Calderón was a stroll in the park shall we say. Simeone has made it a far more difficult fixture. Atlético are one of Madrid’s toughest rivals now”. However, the diehard madridista underlined that he always like seeing Los Colchoneros lose.
Quizzed about his beloved team’s chances of overturning their deficit in La Liga, Guti said: “we have to show the fans that we can fight right till the end”, but admitted “it’s very unlikely now, we’ll have to try and do well in the Champions League”.
He also commented on Cholo’s declarations about Madrid getting favourable treatment: “Simeone is a great manager, but he’s talking nonsense. If anyone’s getting favourable treatment it’s Barcelona. Penalty decisions, offside goals…”.
Te recomendamos en English
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- BARCELONA 0-0 ATLÉTICO Piqué: "We're still alive, from now on, anything could happen"
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?