Real vs Atletico Madrid: Worst signings-Woodgate to 'Pato' Sosa
The Madrid derby has always been thrilling, but we've also seen spectacular disasters from both in the transfer market, and in the royal city's biggest match.
Jonathan Woodgate secured a dream deal to the royal city for a fee of £13.4 million, he must be considered as one of the worst signings in the club's history. Woodgate made his blanco bow against Athletic Club in September 2005, and it was a night to forget for the Englishman: first he scored, an own-goal, then he was sent off. Worse still was that this debut came after a year on the sidelines through injury. After a few games the club decided to cut their losses as the injury-struck defender was succeeding only as a source of calamity and comedy, he was farmed out on loan and then moved permanently to Middlesbrough.
Check out these other flops at Real and Atletico Madrid including Faubert and 'Pato' (the duck) Sosa.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Celebrating America inauguration concert & event: schedule, artists, singers & line-up
- FORTNITE Fortnite Pelé Cup: times & how to get his emote and new soccer skins for free
- MLS USMNT Henry Wingo is transferred to Ferencvaros TC
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is an EIP card and how do I get one?
- NFL SUPER BOWL 2021 Have Packers, Bills, Chiefs & Buccaneers ever been in or won a Super Bowl?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?