Real vs Atletico Madrid: Worst signings-Woodgate to 'Pato' Sosa
The Madrid derby has always been thrilling, but we've also seen spectacular disasters from both in the transfer market, and in the royal city's biggest match.
Jonathan Woodgate secured a dream deal to the royal city for a fee of £13.4 million, he must be considered as one of the worst signings in the club's history. Woodgate made his blanco bow against Athletic Club in September 2005, and it was a night to forget for the Englishman: first he scored, an own-goal, then he was sent off. Worse still was that this debut came after a year on the sidelines through injury. After a few games the club decided to cut their losses as the injury-struck defender was succeeding only as a source of calamity and comedy, he was farmed out on loan and then moved permanently to Middlesbrough.
Check out these other flops at Real and Atletico Madrid including Faubert and 'Pato' (the duck) Sosa.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...