UEFA consider re-staging Chelsea-Valencia shoot-out
After Valencia submitted resource material to prove that the ball entered in during the penalty shoot-out in this week’s Last 16 tie.
Chelsea’s UEFA Youth League quarter final tie with Ajax has been put back one week by the tournament organizers and will now take place on 14th and 15th of March. The rest of the quarter final matches will be played on 7th and 8th March. The measure to reschedule the Chelsea-Ajax game is to give UEFA time to study the petition presented by Valencia to review the penalty shoot-out in which they had a legal goal disallowed. Alberto Gil’s spot-kick entered and the ball rebounded back off the stachion.
The decision to hold fire on the Chelsea-Ajax game gives Valencia some hope that UEFA’s Disciplinary Committee will deem Tuesday’s result void and will likely re-stage the penalty shoot-out between the two teams.
Te recomendamos en English
- Man City vs Real Madrid Sterling joins Man City's 100 club with opener against Real Madrid
- Champions League Napoli must 'climb Everest' to beat Barcelona - Gattuso
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits: will there be an extra weekly payment?
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: How much money could you get?
- Coronavirus India: Lockdown in Kohima to be lifted tomorrow
- Social Media What is Instagram Reels, the new TikTok competitor