UEFA consider re-staging Chelsea-Valencia shoot-out
After Valencia submitted resource material to prove that the ball entered in during the penalty shoot-out in this week’s Last 16 tie.
Chelsea’s UEFA Youth League quarter final tie with Ajax has been put back one week by the tournament organizers and will now take place on 14th and 15th of March. The rest of the quarter final matches will be played on 7th and 8th March. The measure to reschedule the Chelsea-Ajax game is to give UEFA time to study the petition presented by Valencia to review the penalty shoot-out in which they had a legal goal disallowed. Alberto Gil’s spot-kick entered and the ball rebounded back off the stachion.
The decision to hold fire on the Chelsea-Ajax game gives Valencia some hope that UEFA’s Disciplinary Committee will deem Tuesday’s result void and will likely re-stage the penalty shoot-out between the two teams.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF Tiger Woods congratulates history-making Matsuyama
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood and Rashford need another year of Cavani at Man Utd - Neville
- QATAR 2022 Lusail will be the last World Cup stadium to be inaugurated
- REAL MADRID Zidane won't risk Hazard for Real Madrid clash with Liverpool
- BAYERN MUNICH Lewandowski back running as Muller targets Bayern victory over PSG
- QATAR International Table Tennis Federation awards Aspetar