“My comments were misinterpreted after the game. I wasn't saying that I'm better than everyone else. I was referring to injuries. The team have lost a lot of important players through injury like Pepe, Bale, Benzema, Marcelo... That has harmed us and prevented us from reaching our usual level. I have the upmost respect for my team-mates and I'd never want to offend them. I don't consider myself better than anyone", Cristiano Ronaldo has resolutely told AS.
The Portuguese caused a storm in the Bernabéu mixed zone after today's league defeat to Atlético when he stated "If everyone was at my level, we'd be top". Sergio Ramos was the first to come out and say the club's all-time top scorer's comments had been misinterpreted: "I know he doesn't really think that way".
Te recomendamos en English
- Tottenham Hotspur What José Mourinho brings to Tottenham Hotspur
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho in 2015: 'I could never manage Tottenham'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Spurs: Kane thanks Pochettino for making "dreams" come true
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid not happy with Bale's 'bad joke' with Wales flag
- REAL MADRID Zidane to deal with hot button issue of Bale on Thursday
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho's best fall-outs: From 'Demenza senile' to eye-pokes