“My comments were misinterpreted after the game. I wasn't saying that I'm better than everyone else. I was referring to injuries. The team have lost a lot of important players through injury like Pepe, Bale, Benzema, Marcelo... That has harmed us and prevented us from reaching our usual level. I have the upmost respect for my team-mates and I'd never want to offend them. I don't consider myself better than anyone", Cristiano Ronaldo has resolutely told AS.
The Portuguese caused a storm in the Bernabéu mixed zone after today's league defeat to Atlético when he stated "If everyone was at my level, we'd be top". Sergio Ramos was the first to come out and say the club's all-time top scorer's comments had been misinterpreted: "I know he doesn't really think that way".
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus USA Second stimulus check: what's the current disagreement between Democrats and Republicans?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why could it be delayed?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- FOOTBALL Transfer talk: Manchester City, PSG eye Liverpool target Thiago
- Juventus Cristiano Ronaldo's inner circle deny Barcelona rumours
- Xavi wants Barcelona 'dream team' including Carles Puyol and Jordi Cruyff