“My comments were misinterpreted after the game. I wasn't saying that I'm better than everyone else. I was referring to injuries. The team have lost a lot of important players through injury like Pepe, Bale, Benzema, Marcelo... That has harmed us and prevented us from reaching our usual level. I have the upmost respect for my team-mates and I'd never want to offend them. I don't consider myself better than anyone", Cristiano Ronaldo has resolutely told AS.
The Portuguese caused a storm in the Bernabéu mixed zone after today's league defeat to Atlético when he stated "If everyone was at my level, we'd be top". Sergio Ramos was the first to come out and say the club's all-time top scorer's comments had been misinterpreted: "I know he doesn't really think that way".
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL FIFA announce appointment of Wenger in new role
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Saúl: "I always speak to Bale in Spanish, he's a really nice guy"
- BUNDESLIGA Bundesliga leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach sign NYCFC teenager Joe Scally
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami to play LA Galaxy in MLS home opener
- Euro 2020 Portugal boss Santos fumes at repeated Cristiano questions
- BELGIUM Courtois: "I'm criticised because I'm one of the best in the world"