L'Equipe pokes fun at Cristiano
L’Equipe depict Ronaldo’s controversial statements in cartoon form. Following Saturday's 0-1 defeat to Atlético the Portuguese declared: “If everyone was at my level, we’d be top”.
French daily L’Equipe's comic section has depicted Cristiano Ronaldo’s now famous comments, uttered following Real Madrid’s defeat at the hands of cross-city rival Atlético on Saturday: “If everyone was at my level, we’d be top”. The Portuguese later tried to clear up any misunderstandings his observations might have caused by stating: “I was referring to injuries. The team have lost a lot of important players through injury. I have the upmost respect for my team-mates and I'd never want to offend them”.
The club’s all-time top goal scorer is shown chastising his team-mates from a top-of-the-range sports car: “Push hard. You guys really are useless”.
Te recomendamos en English
- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Kane: Probably toughest time since I've been at Tottenham
- Premier League Liverpool praise Man United for swift action on racist abuse
- PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN Mbappé, Cavani unable to play 90 minutes yet, says PSG boss Tuchel
- BARCELONA-REAL MADRID Clásico decision pushed back to Barcelona and Real Madrid
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Atlético de Madrid tracking Porto's youth pearl Fabio Silva
- GALATASARAY-REAL MADRID Zidane: "The rumours bother me; I want to be here forever"