Atlético to play in Australia as part of 16/17 pre-season
Cholo Simeone's men will participate at the 2016 ‘International Champions Cup Australia’ where the face Spurs on July 29.
Atlético Madrid have confirmed their presence 'down-under' as Cholo Simeone's side will participate in the 2016 ‘International Champions Cup Australia’. The 'Colchoneros' face London based Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur on July 29 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground. The city's stadium with a potential capacity for 100.000 spectators.
The 2016 edition of the competition also will feature Serie A side, Juventus as well as local A-League team and current champions, Melbourne Victory. The global based International Champions Cup last year featured the presence of Real Madrid and FC Barcelona. The side from the Spanish capital also traveled to Australia where they faced Roma and Manchester City before playing Milan and Inter in China. Luis Enrique took his team stateside where they faced Los Ángeles Galaxy, Manchester United, Chelsea and Fiorentina.
Te recomendamos en English
- DIEGO MARADONA Maradona's inheritance: the fortune includes houses and cars
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Barcelona go for five in a row, Ronaldo after another record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho optimistic over Kane return for Arsenal
- ARSENAL Arteta confident goals will come for Arsenal
- US NEWS US Elections: Georgia elections official tells Trump to stop inspiring violence
- US congress What has Congress said about the government shutdown deadline?