Didier Drogba wants to train with Miami FC for a month
The ex-Chelsea striker doesn't want to play on an artificial pitch and has asked Montreal Impact if he can go to Miami to work with Nesta's team for around four weeks.
Didier Drogba doesn't want to play the first four games for his current club, Montreal Impact, as he feels uneasy about running about on a plastic pitch.
Of the first five games scheduled for the new season, four of them will be played on an artificial surface. These will be against the Vancouver Whitecaps, New York Red Bulls, Seattle Sounders and Columbus Crew.
According to reporter Patrick Friolet, the ex-Chelsea striker is currently negotiating with the Canadian club to see if there is an opportunity to head down to Miami.
Alessandro Nesta, the Miami FC coach, has a good relationship with Montreal Impact after spending a year playing for them in the MLS.
But, at the time of writing, there is still no agreement between the clubs although everything suggests that Drogba will get his wish and disappear for a month.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGA MX Club América retain second place after victory against Tigres UANL
- Real Madrid 2-1 Barcelona Real Madrid: Benzema matches Cristiano Ronaldo scoring run
- REAL MADRID 2-1 BARCELONA El Clásico: "Mendy fouled Braithwaite, it's a penalty" - Iturralde
- REAL MADRID 2-1 BARCELONA Piqué confronts Gil Manzano, Modric ticks him off: "You've been waiting just to have a go at the ref"
- BARCELONA Barcelona still optimistic about title hopes despite Real Madrid defeat, says Koeman
- COVID-19 VACCINATION Publix Vaccine: how to sign up and get an appointment