ATHLETIC | ADURIZ
'On-fire' Aduriz: 17 LaLiga goals and a season total of 30
The 35 year old Basque striker is having an exceptional season with Athletic but still seems unlikely to make the Euro 2016 La Roja squad.
Aritz Aduriz was on target three times in Athletic’s win over Deportivo last night and is now LaLiga’s leading Spanish top scorer. Aduriz leads this particular ranking with 17 goals, one ahead of Eibar’s Borja Bastón, who has scored 16 league goals.
The 35 year old forward has also managed to bag seven goals as part of Athletic’s Europa League campaign and his attacking prowess has been instrumental in Valverde’s men securing a quarter final place where they play fellow LaLiga side Valencia next week in Bilbao in the first leg. Aduriz’s season haul also includes four Spanish Super Cup goals against Barça along with two Copa del Rey strikes to bring his grand total for the 2015-16 season to 30 goals.
Surprisingly the most formidable Spanish forward seems not to form part of national team coach Del Bosque’s euro 2016 plans. The Basque striker is the most inform national striker ahead of Borja Bastón. Diego Costa, who has regained his form at Chelsea following Mourinho’s departure, has bagged 14 goals in the Premier League. Deportivo La Coruna’s, Lucas Pérez has also scored 14 LaLiga goals with Real Sociedad’s Imanol Agirretxe on 13 and Real Betis forward Rubén Castro on 12.
The strikers that seem destined to be on the plane to the European Championships in France with ‘La Roja’, Paco Alcácer has just managed 9 LaLiga goals with Juventus’ Álvaro Morata only on target four times for his club in Serie A this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus checks: how many non-filers may be missing out on payment?
- Coronavirus When and how could a second stimulus check pass in the Senate?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how much money is the new plan supported by Trump?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: possible dates to approve a new relief bill before the election
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: how is the IRS contacting people for missing payments?