Ramos and Casemiro a booking away from suspension
Both players are on two yellow cards. If either go into the book against Roma on Tuesday, they would miss the first leg of the quarter finals.
Sergio Ramos and Casemiro are just one booking away from suspension in the Champions League. Both players are on two yellow cards, picked up during the first seven games of the tournament. If either go into the book in Tuesday's Last 16 return leg against Roma, they would miss the first leg of the quarter finals - should Real Madrid progress.
Curiously, Ramos picked up both of his bookings away from the Bernabéu - against PSG in Paris and in the first leg against Roma at the Olimpico. Casemiro meanwhile was booked in the group meeting against Malmö and in the game against PSG in Madrid. It will be interesting to see whether either force a booking on Tuesday to be free to play the return leg of the quarters, again, on the condition that Madrid go through.
As of the moment, 10 madridistas went into the ref's notebook in the group stage and the first leg of the Last 16. Apart from Casemiro and Ramos, the other players to have been show yellow cards in this year's edition of the competition are Kovačić, Isco, Lucas Vázquez, Keylor Navas, Danilo, Carvajal, Varane and Cheryshev - the latter, now at Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jadon Sancho came very close to joining in 2017
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?