Ramos and Casemiro a booking away from suspension
Both players are on two yellow cards. If either go into the book against Roma on Tuesday, they would miss the first leg of the quarter finals.
Sergio Ramos and Casemiro are just one booking away from suspension in the Champions League. Both players are on two yellow cards, picked up during the first seven games of the tournament. If either go into the book in Tuesday's Last 16 return leg against Roma, they would miss the first leg of the quarter finals - should Real Madrid progress.
Curiously, Ramos picked up both of his bookings away from the Bernabéu - against PSG in Paris and in the first leg against Roma at the Olimpico. Casemiro meanwhile was booked in the group meeting against Malmö and in the game against PSG in Madrid. It will be interesting to see whether either force a booking on Tuesday to be free to play the return leg of the quarters, again, on the condition that Madrid go through.
As of the moment, 10 madridistas went into the ref's notebook in the group stage and the first leg of the Last 16. Apart from Casemiro and Ramos, the other players to have been show yellow cards in this year's edition of the competition are Kovačić, Isco, Lucas Vázquez, Keylor Navas, Danilo, Carvajal, Varane and Cheryshev - the latter, now at Valencia.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?