"The number of injuries at Madrid is not normal"
Carlo Ancelotti gave an interview with Sina Sports in which he spoke of Madrid's injury problems and the reign of Zinedine Zidane.
Carlo Ancelotti questioned the performance of Real Madrid’s medical staff in an interview with Sina Sports, during which he also talked about Zinedine Zidane and the recent derby loss. “The data shows that something is being done very wrong,” the Italian said of Real’s injury problems this season. “Since the start of the season there have been 22 muscle injuries at Real Madrid. People can draw their own conclusions but at a club like Madrid the situation doesn’t appear normal.”
Of Real’s defeat by Atlético in the Madrid derby, Ancelotti noted: “The Bernabéu has fresh doubts and they have started to search for the culprit, something that is not new. A few weeks ago everything was easy and now there are problems again. The analysis is taken to extremes.”
The Italian also said that Zidane would be concentrating on uniting the squad after recent setbacks: “Of course Madrid need to be self-critical, to analyse the mistakes and find solutions. I’m sure Zidane and the players are doing that. Together they can get over them. Those people that think Barcelona and Atlético are not on the same level as Madrid are mistaken. In the last three years Simeone has built one of the best teams in Europe.”
Ancelotti also opined that Cristiano Ronaldo’s words after the derby, when he appeared to criticize his teammates, were misinterpreted. “He was talking about the physical problems his teammates have had. It’s clear that there have been too many injuries, which was also the case in my last season.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: will there be a new payment in November?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barret, cases, deaths, updates today
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Early voting in NYC: dates, how to vote and where to find locations near me
- GAMING NEWS Pokémon GO A Spooky Message Unmasked: all research tasks and rewards from Halloween event
- BRAZIL Ronaldinho tests positive for coronavirus
- Covid-19 Economic Crisis Unemployment benefits NY: why was New York denied an extra $300?