16 neo-nazis from the Ultras Sur and Frente Atlético detained
The Policía Nacional has seized several weapons including knives, stun guns, sprays as well as nazi symbolism in a major operation across the Spanish capitalEuropa League Final 2018: Marseille vs Atlético Madrid live
Agents of the National Police in Madrid have arrested 16 individuals, which include members of the Ultras Sur and the Frente Atletico, who are suspected of multiple crimes against human rights and conspiracy. Those arrested have a combined 40 offenses which include threats, coercion, injury, riots, damage, public disorder, violent robbery and intimidation as well as other crimes. In recent months there has been a significant increase in their violent actions against other groups opposing their ideologies and motivated by their strong prejudices.
The investigation has finally allowed the crimes to be linked to members of the groups leading to to Wednesday's arrests. This comes prior to Real Madrid's Champions League tie in the capital. Evidence suggests that many of these events had not previously been reported due to fear of reprisal.
This operation is part of a wider organised approach by the state looking into hate crimes and other behaviours that violate discrimination laws. These are being coordinated along with the Public Prosecutor for equality and against hate crimes.
The term "hate crime" defines a category of behaviours where there is a significant and common factor of hatred and/or discrimination as the motivation. Those incidents are directed against others and prejudiced on race, ethnicity or national origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation or gender identity, disability, but can include other elements.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford