Keeper Navas goes second in all-time list of shut-out runs
He has overtaken Edwin van der Sar's streak of 657 minutes without conceding in the Champions League, and is now only behind Jens Lehmann.
Real Madrid keeper Keylor Navas continues to prove a brick wall between the sticks in Europe, and has leapfrogged Edwin van der Sar into second in the ranking of the longest runs without letting in a goal in Champions League history.
Navas needed to avoid conceding for the first 28 minutes of Tuesday's last-16 second leg against Roma to beat the Dutchman's sequence of 657 minutes without being breached (registered with Ajax in 1995-96).
And the Costa Rican did just that - before going on to extend his streak to 720 minutes as Zinedine Zidane's men ran out 2-0 winners on the night to seal a 4-0 aggregate victory and progress to the quarter-finals.
At the head of the all-time list of shut-out kings is ex-Arsenal number one Jens Lehmann, who posted a Champions League run of 853 minutes with the Premier League outfit between February 2005 and September 2006.
Longest Champions League runs without conceding
|3. Van der Sar||657||27/09/1995||03/04/1996|
And Navas, who has figured in eight games in the continent's top club competition and is yet to pick the ball out of the net, now has the German's record in his sights.
To overtake him in first place, the custodian needs to keep a clean sheet in the first leg of the quarter-finals and remain unbeaten for the opening 44 minutes of Real's last-eight return.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Inter Miami will allow fans to attend match against Orlando City
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- Latest News USA When does daylight saving time end in the USA and when do the clocks go back?
- Gaming News CoD Modern Warfare and Warzone The Haunting of Verdansk: content from new update
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Second stimulus check: why is McConnell advising against the deal?
- Football Raja Casablanca petition CAF to postpone Zamalek match