INTERNATIONAL | AFGHANISTAN
Afghanistan women's football kit with integrated hijab launched
Afghanistan women's football team will be the first to wear a new hijab that is connected to the base layer under their national team shirt.
Danish sports brand Hummell launched the new Afghanistan national team shirt with a historic first for women’s football in the country.
The women’s kit features an integrated hijab in a base-layer shirt that enables the country’s female footballers to be play while being covered head to toe.
Former team captain Khalida Popal was instrumental in overseeing the development of the kit and worked closely with the Danish company in its evolution.
Popal stated, “It was a huge honour to captain my country but it was an even bigger honour to be seen as a role model and an inspiration for thousands of young girls and women in Afghanistan.”
Hummell’s, Christian Stadil claimed that the work with the Afghanistan Football Federation is indicative of an ongoing commitment to give the underdog top-billing.
“We don’t sponsor the biggest teams in the world, but we make partnerships with teams and clubs with a story to tell, like Afghanistan, he says”. “We try to meet the Afghan people where they are, and right now that is by helping the women play football with or without a hijab”.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- COPA DEL REY FINAL Athletic vs Barcelona - Copa del Rey Final: times, TV & how to watch online
- ATHLETIC-BARCELONA Barcelona predicted starting XI in the Copa del Rey final
- MLS Inter Miami full roster and transfers for MLS 2021
- 2021 MLS SEASON LA Galaxy: 2021 MLS regular-season schedule