BARCELONA - GETAFE | ÁNGEL TORRES
"Barça showed a complete lack of respect"
Getafe's president hasn't forgotten how Barcelona players trashed the dressing room at the Coliseum on the night of Halloween.
Getafe president Ángel Torres has not forgotten or forgiven Barcelona's behaviour the last time the two teams met on 31 October at the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez. Following the 0-2 win, Barcelona's players celebrated Halloween in the visitors' dressing room, causing damages. For that reason, Torres says he will not be making an appearance the traditional, pre-match directors lunch which all of the presdients in LaLiga attend before games, when Getafe are guests at Camp Nou on Saturday: "Barça showed disrespect for us and I don't think I will be going to the directors lunch", he told Cadena SER radio show El Larguero.
The incident Torres was referring to, involved members of the Barcelona squad who put on Halloween costumes and threw red paint all over the changing rooms. "Piqué behaved badly; everything which Barça did on the night of Halloween got out of hand".
Torres added: "No one from Barcelona called me to apologise for what happened. I will always defend my club and I will not allow anyone to walk all over us - for however big F.C. Barcelona think they are".
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid team news: Fede Valverde out of Getafe game due to coronavius contact
- LaLiga Getafe vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- NBA Lakers star Andre Drummond revels in surreal moment after Staples Center win
- F1 Miami Grand Prix added to Formula One calendar from 2022
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim