BARCELONA - GETAFE | ÁNGEL TORRES
"Barça showed a complete lack of respect"
Getafe's president hasn't forgotten how Barcelona players trashed the dressing room at the Coliseum on the night of Halloween.
Getafe president Ángel Torres has not forgotten or forgiven Barcelona's behaviour the last time the two teams met on 31 October at the Coliseum Alfonso Pérez. Following the 0-2 win, Barcelona's players celebrated Halloween in the visitors' dressing room, causing damages. For that reason, Torres says he will not be making an appearance the traditional, pre-match directors lunch which all of the presdients in LaLiga attend before games, when Getafe are guests at Camp Nou on Saturday: "Barça showed disrespect for us and I don't think I will be going to the directors lunch", he told Cadena SER radio show El Larguero.
The incident Torres was referring to, involved members of the Barcelona squad who put on Halloween costumes and threw red paint all over the changing rooms. "Piqué behaved badly; everything which Barça did on the night of Halloween got out of hand".
Torres added: "No one from Barcelona called me to apologise for what happened. I will always defend my club and I will not allow anyone to walk all over us - for however big F.C. Barcelona think they are".
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win