"We're weighed everyday, Simeone doesn't like fatties"
Koke and Griezmann were on the Spanish TV programme 'El Hormiguero' talking, and laughing, about how Cholo gets them to admit to the squad if they've put on the pounds.
Atlético players Koke and Griezmann appeared on the popular Spanish TV programme El hormiguero and gave some interesting insight into the goings-on behind the scenes at their club. After being welcomed onto the set to the sound of the Atlético anthem and with people in the red and white shirt and carrying flags, they pair enjoyed a jovial chat with the host.
During the conversation it was revealed that Cholo - the name their manager Diego Simeone often goes by - is very keen to keep his players in tip top condition and has a particularly interesting way to do so.
"We are weighed everyday," Koke stated, as his team-mate giggled at his side. "If anyone in the team has put on a kilo or more they have to declare it to the rest of the squad."
"Simeone doesn't like fatties," he added, "and a kilo is very noticeable."
The Leti midfielder then went on to make it clear that the manager can't stand this and compared the extra bulk to the equivalent of wearing a backpack while playing football and, amid laughter, confirmed what most would have guessed, "it's better if Simeone is not angry."
Griezmann was asked about his hairstyles for which he's quite well known. “I'm going to be a father," he replied, and then explained that he can't have a mohican or other extremely sculpted hair deisgn as he doesn't want that showing in his child's first photo. Although he did admit that he liked to experiment a bit with his barnet.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Jadon Sancho came very close to joining in 2017
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to allow five substitutions for rest of 2019/20
- George Floyd Autopsy reveals George Floyd was infected with Covid-19
- George Floyd What is K-pop and why are fans swarming social media over George Floyd protests?