Real Madrid taking no chances as Gareth Bale trains in gym
The Wales ace was exhausted by his exertions against Roma on Tuesday, and Los Blancos' medical staff opted not to take any risks with the player.
Following their Champions League victory over Roma, Real Madrid returned to training on Thursday as they began preparations for their weekend LaLiga clash with Las Palmas (Sunday, 20:30 CET).
And the most notable absentee from the session at Real's Valdebebas base was Gareth Bale. The Welshman, who returned from injury in Saturday's 7-1 league win over Celta Vigo before starting in Europe in midweek, did work in the gym with club phyios.
Bale, who was substituted after an hour against Roma, left the Bernabéu pitch feeling heavy fatigue and Los Blancos' medical team opted not to take any risks with the 26-year-old.
Also training indoors were Cristiano Ronaldo, Sergio Ramos and Marcelo.
Meanwhile, striker Karim Benzema continues his recovery from a hamstring issue, with the Frenchman not expected to be available to Real boss Zinedine Zidane until the Clásico at Barcelona on 2 April.
Castilla men Martin Odegaard, Borja Mayoral and Marcos Llorente went through their paces with the first-team group.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?