Wendell flattered by interest: "I'd walk all the way to Madrid"
The Bayer Leverkusen full-back spoke to AS: "With my style of play, I think I'd fit into the team perfectly. It would be an honor to be Marcelo's deputy".
Brazilian left-back Wendell (Camaçari, 20/07/1993), one of the most coveted young defenders in Europe, says he “would walk all the way” to the Spnaish capital to join Real Madrid.
The 22-year-old, a first choice regular in Roger Schmidt's Bayer Leverkusen side and a member of Brazil's Olympic team spoke exclusively with AS this evening about the interest he has received from Real Madrid and told us “It's a stimulus for me to continue striving to become an even better player so that the interest increases and something happens”.
Wendell went on to explain: “Any player in the world, regardless of their nationality, dreams about playing for Real Madrid. Marcelo is an idol and a reference; Roberto Carlos, a legend - an icon; it would be a wonderful challenge to continue the tradition of Brazilian players at such an historic club”.
Wendell defines his style as technical and attacking-based, “I'm always looking for moments to help the attack” - a characteristic which he feels would allow him to settle into the Spanish league without any problems.
“If I had to choose a European league to play in, it would be LaLiga, no question - for the attacking style of football, a style which is fast and requires quality”, Wendell continued, adding that it would be “an honor to be Marcelo's deputy - he's been the best left-back in the world for the past five years”.
Bayer Leverkusen have already turned down a 20 million euro offer from PSG for Wendell in the January transfer window. According to media in Germany, the club would be only willing to negotiate with other clubs for the talented young defender, from a starting price of 35 million.
AS also spoke to Wendell's agent Christian Butcher, who didn't want to comment on Real Madrid's interest, and only confirmed: “Several big European clubs have shown an interest in Wendell”.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?