"For the record, Diego did not bite me" - Gareth Barry
Gareth Barry has taken to Social Media to clear up Diego Costa's 'love bite' last night.
Barry has probably saved Diego Costa a lengthy Suarez-style ban, who was banned for four months and nine international matches for a bite on Chiellini at the World Cup, and for 10 games after he bit Chelsea’s Branislav Ivanovic.
The internet went into meltdown, as Costa's 'bite' on Barry went viral.
Barry took to social media platform Fanzai to tell his side of the story:
The official Chelsea Twitter account also set about fighting the fire:
A club spokesman said: 'Diego spoke to club officials after the game and expressed regret over his reaction to the challenge from... (1/2)— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) 12 March 2016
...Gareth Barry that led to his red card, but Diego was also very clear that he did not bite him at any point during that altercation.'(2/2)— Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) 12 March 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- BUNDESLIGA Timo Werner: "Only Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are playing at Lewandowski's level"
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo allays fitness fears: "I'm not well. I'm very well"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League to improve VAR in-stadium communication with fans
- INTERNATIONAL Marcello Lippi steps down after China's defeat to Syria
- SPAIN-MALTA Sergio Ramos: "Madrid lose out because of Clásico kick-off time"
- BRAZIL-ARGENTINA Brazil-Argentina: Five talking points ahead of the clash in Riyadh