LALIGA | SEVILLA-VILLARREAL
Marcelino: “A win would leave us with a big advantage”
Three points would boost El Submarino Amarillo’s chances of Champions League football next season as they currently lie in fourth, eight points ahead of Sevilla.
Villarreal coach Marcelino García Toral discussed his side’s chances as they travel to the Sánchez Pizjuán to face Sevilla (16:00 CET). Picking up three points would further boost El Submarino Amarillo’s chances of Champions League football next season as they currently lie in fourth, eight points above Celta and Sevilla in fifth and sixth respectively.
“A win would leave us with a four-game advantage with nine games to play. An advantage that is not definitive but important. It’s going to be a tough game and we’ll have to do things as well as we can to get a positive result. “They’re a big team with a great squad and at home I think they’ve won twelve or more games on the bounce, which proves what a tough game it is,” Marcelino said about today’s rivals.
“For me, they’ve got one of the best squads in La Liga. They can play long, through the wings, from set pieces, dead-ball situations, on the counter. They have a lot of options to win games,” he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win