LALIGA | SEVILLA-VILLARREAL
Marcelino: “A win would leave us with a big advantage”
Three points would boost El Submarino Amarillo’s chances of Champions League football next season as they currently lie in fourth, eight points ahead of Sevilla.
Villarreal coach Marcelino García Toral discussed his side’s chances as they travel to the Sánchez Pizjuán to face Sevilla (16:00 CET). Picking up three points would further boost El Submarino Amarillo’s chances of Champions League football next season as they currently lie in fourth, eight points above Celta and Sevilla in fifth and sixth respectively.
“A win would leave us with a four-game advantage with nine games to play. An advantage that is not definitive but important. It’s going to be a tough game and we’ll have to do things as well as we can to get a positive result. “They’re a big team with a great squad and at home I think they’ve won twelve or more games on the bounce, which proves what a tough game it is,” Marcelino said about today’s rivals.
“For me, they’ve got one of the best squads in La Liga. They can play long, through the wings, from set pieces, dead-ball situations, on the counter. They have a lot of options to win games,” he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mahrez makes Arsenal move claim and says Leicester cost him 'two years' of career
- CHELSEA "Pulisic feels no pressure to be the next Hazard"
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester United: returning Martial crucial to improved form, says James
- KYLIAN MBAPPE Mbappé "flirting" with Madrid actress has Real fans dreaming
- BRAZIL Thiago Silva hopes "Zidane leaves Rodrygo on bench" for PSG-Madrid
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City's Rodri taking title race hope from 2018-19 win