LALIGA | SEVILLA-VILLARREAL
Marcelino: “A win would leave us with a big advantage”
Three points would boost El Submarino Amarillo’s chances of Champions League football next season as they currently lie in fourth, eight points ahead of Sevilla.
Villarreal coach Marcelino García Toral discussed his side’s chances as they travel to the Sánchez Pizjuán to face Sevilla (16:00 CET). Picking up three points would further boost El Submarino Amarillo’s chances of Champions League football next season as they currently lie in fourth, eight points above Celta and Sevilla in fifth and sixth respectively.
“A win would leave us with a four-game advantage with nine games to play. An advantage that is not definitive but important. It’s going to be a tough game and we’ll have to do things as well as we can to get a positive result. “They’re a big team with a great squad and at home I think they’ve won twelve or more games on the bounce, which proves what a tough game it is,” Marcelino said about today’s rivals.
“For me, they’ve got one of the best squads in La Liga. They can play long, through the wings, from set pieces, dead-ball situations, on the counter. They have a lot of options to win games,” he added.
Te recomendamos en English
- Covid-19 Coronavirus lock down in USA: which states and what measures have been applied?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid in talks with players over salary cuts
- Coronavirus Gerardo Martino “We are lucky to have high salaries so we must be supportive”
- FIFA Blatter denies bribery allegations in awarding of 2018 and 2022 World Cups
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Barcelona planning raid on Bernabéu for Gelabert
- Barcelona Messi's Barcelona exit would not be 'a drama' for LaLiga, says Tebas