LAS PALMAS 1 - 2 REAL MADRID | ZIDANE
"Like this, we're going nowhere; I'm bothered and worried"
Zidane: "The important thing is that we're going home with all three points. We'll look back at the game tomorrow… I'm worried about our second half".
Zinedine Zidane didn't spend long reviewing tonight's game against Las Palmas. With a more serious expression than usual, the Real Madrid coach said he didn't like what he saw of his team, who snatched a 2-1 win right at the death against Las Palmas.
Serious face: “I'm worried about our second half performance. The important thing is that we're going home with all three points. We'll look back at the game tomorrow… But our second half display tonight bothers me”.
Was the team distracted? “We're not thinking about the Champions League. The players are only thinking about what they need to do. We lost an unbelievable amount of balls. If we are hoping to be playing for something in the future, we have to play much better than this. That is obvious. Playing like we did tonight, we're going nowhere. Especially like we did in the second half. That's all I can say. I want to watch the game again and I'm sure that we can put in a different performance”.
Arbeloa: “Álvaro is a Real Madrid player and tonight he played really well; he counts just like the rest of the players do and he was the only one who hasn't had any playing time. He's not behind Nacho”.
Las Palmas: “I don't think it's an unfair result. We won from two set-pieces but that's part of football. We have to recognize that Las Palmas did very well, they put us in difficulties and they have good players who manage the ball well. As for us, I'm bothered by what I saw”.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Second Stimulus Check: Senate returns to discuss approval of the second stimulus payment amid protest
- George Floyd Protests As riots increase in New York curfew hours have changed
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- George Floyd George Floyd: George W. Bush speaks out on racism and protests in US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Is there a deadline to approve a second payment?