Umut Bulut's father killed in Ankara terrorist attack
The father of the Galatasaray player is one of the 37 victims following the car bomb attack carried out yesterday in the Turkish capital.
Sunday night’s terrorist attack in Ankara has shaken the world and its impact has reached the world of football after Istanbul based club Galatasaray confirmed earlier today that one of the victims of the attack was the father of their player and Turkish international Umut Bulut.
“Our player was affected by the mortal attack carried out yesterday against innocent people. We are devasted by this morning’s news when we found out that Umut Bulut’s gather was one of the victims. The club and all employees share their condolence with Umut and his family. The pain is great”, affirmed the club in a communique.
The attack was carried out late last night in Ankara after a car bomb exploded. A Kurdish 24 year old woman has been identified as the perpetrator of the attack which resulted in 37 dead and a further 120 injured. Galatasaray were in Ankara where they faced Ankara based Genclerbirligi and its thought that Bulut’s father Kemal was in the capital to watch his son play.
Once again - Rest In Peace, Kemal Bulut. pic.twitter.com/Gnh2DWsLIP— Galatasaray EN (@Galatasaray) 14 de marzo de 2016
Umut Bulut has played in Turkey for the duration of his career apart from one season with French side Toulouse in 2011-12. He played the full 90 minutes of yesterday’s 1-1 SuperLig game against Genclerbirligi in Anakara.
Te recomendamos en English
- US CORONAVIRUS NEWS How many Johnson & Johnson vaccines have been administered in the US?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE When are Champions League semi-finals played?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Neymar: "PSG are a team, we showed it against Bayern"
- NBA Durant focused on returning to full fitness, not Nets-76ers showdown
- Stimulus Checks What ID can I use to cash stimulus checks?
- USA What does Biden's $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan include?