Rennes turned down €35m Barça offer for Dembélé
France Football reports that a source close to the Ligue 1 club confirmed the offer from the Spanish champions for the France under-19 forward.
Ousmane Dembélé is the player du jour in France and his eye-catching performances for Rennes this season have not gone unnoticed across Europe. The France under-19 forward is one of the brightest prospects to have emerged in Ligue 1 for some time and Barcelona are keen on bringing him to La Liga.
According to reports in France Football magazine, Rennes rejected a 35 million euro offer for Dembélé a few days ago. The weekly magazine cited a source close to the club’s board confirming the approach from Camp Nou.
Last week, Barcelona sporting director Robert Fernández was on hand in person to witness Dembélé score a hat-trick against Nantes. Dembélé, 18, signed his first professional contract with Rennes at the end of 2015 and has nine goals and five assists this season in 18 Ligue 1 appearances.
Barcelona face stiff competition for Dembélé from other European heavyweights including Manchester City and Bayern Munich.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side