Rennes turned down €35m Barça offer for Dembélé
France Football reports that a source close to the Ligue 1 club confirmed the offer from the Spanish champions for the France under-19 forward.
Ousmane Dembélé is the player du jour in France and his eye-catching performances for Rennes this season have not gone unnoticed across Europe. The France under-19 forward is one of the brightest prospects to have emerged in Ligue 1 for some time and Barcelona are keen on bringing him to La Liga.
According to reports in France Football magazine, Rennes rejected a 35 million euro offer for Dembélé a few days ago. The weekly magazine cited a source close to the club’s board confirming the approach from Camp Nou.
Last week, Barcelona sporting director Robert Fernández was on hand in person to witness Dembélé score a hat-trick against Nantes. Dembélé, 18, signed his first professional contract with Rennes at the end of 2015 and has nine goals and five assists this season in 18 Ligue 1 appearances.
Barcelona face stiff competition for Dembélé from other European heavyweights including Manchester City and Bayern Munich.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA LeBron James left frustrated after Lakers collapse against Warriors
- NFL How many Super Bowl LV 2021 tickets are on sale?
- UNITED STATES Biden inauguration, Trump last full day as president, $1,400 stimulus check updates | Live
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check: could $1,400 payment arrive in January?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?
- CORONAVIRUS What US states have administered most covid-19 vaccines?