Barça put in request for 7pm kick-off for Copa del Rey final
The board would prefer a kick-off time which will take in account the needs of fans who will be travelling to the game but have to be back in work the next day.
Barcelona officials are set to travel to Madrid for a meeting with the RFEF to discuss the preparations for the Copa del Rey final against Sevilla on 22 May. During that meeting, Barça will put in a request to play at the final at a reasonable hour, to take into account the supporters who will be travelling to the game from other parts of Spain, but who have to work the following day. The idea is that the Copa del Rey final should kick-off at 19:00 hours at the latest - perferably before. The decision was explained by club spokesman, Josep Vives.
“We will travelling to Madrid with the idea of agreeing a kick-off time for the final which will make it easier for those who will be travelling to the game, in other words, before seven o'clock in the evening because the next day is a working day so we will all have time to get back home and be ready to be in the office on the day after the game”, Vives said. “We are also going to request the maximum number of tickets possible and that they are sensibly-priced”.
As for Barça's ticket allocation, Vives hopes that the RFEF will agree to 20,000 seats "minimum" being made available "as it's a wonderful stadium against a great rival”.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: could one be approved before the US election?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester City close to signing Jules Koundé from Sevilla
- LALIGA Will Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atlético struggle this season?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Leicester sign Cengiz Under on loan from Roma
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: times, dates and how and where to watch live online
- EMMY AWARDS Emmy Awards 2020: full list of key nominations by category